Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tokyo..... BRRRRR! Sure I'm not back in Canada? Looks like Canada (0_0) !


January 15.... it's 1030 am and I am still on the bus! Last service area we stopped by at 10  was Ebina and that's kind of close to Tokyo already but not really.  I was supposed to arrive Tokyo at a little after 0700.... I think all turn out good because then we don't have to drag our luggage around during Tokyo subway busy hour! Due to the snow yesterday in Kantou area, traffic is crawling at snail pace.  Many buses to and from Tokyo were cancelled yesterday, but not ours.  The bus left on time to the minute as usual in Japan..... The bus I'm on is a private bus company called Willer.  Everything is perfect about them... very reasonable price (as much as crappy STSC bus would charge) nice comfy bus (more comfy than aeroplane), on time, nice reclining seats,... all perfect except for it's PINK!!!! Juuust has to be the colour I hate the most.... (-_-).... good for spotting the bus though ... except when there are 2 Willer buses on the parking lot (0_o) eeek ! Youtube link of Pink Willer is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwAuO8pCzlg&feature=youtu.be May need to turn the sound up cuz I had to whisper cuz I don't wanna get yelled at.... :D It's 1130 now and I am STILL on the bus :D .... I called Teru already... making sure that he knows that I won't be anywhere near Asakusa at the time we set to meet :D. Judging from the traffic pace today, I think I will get to the hostel in time for check in.... :D 
Update from yesterday.  Ken and Junko came over just to give us omiyage (souvenir)before we leave to the bus station ....tears of joy.... hikz... hikz..hikz... ;( what a sweet sweet sweet couple and what a thoughtful effort... (they live far) And the perfect omiyage... maneki neko bag and change purse! Thank you! How did u guys know I love neko (^^) Is it that obvious? :D  hehe.... Now I don't have to use plastic bag for my change :D. I don't have much to say about this except for : it made my heart feel good (^^) Awwh.... really hard to leave Nagoya after meeting some very nice people. I'm really looking forward to meet Ken, Junko and Nao again in near future, best wishes for them for years to come!
Going to bus station was painful, but I rather get it over with cuz the longer I hang around the house the harder it would be to leave.  We went to Nagoya station early hoping to be able to sit and have coffee together at Cafe de Crie, but it was close.  Time went by fast, before we knew it, 2300 it was. I had to board the bus in 45 minutes. Then off I went ...... sad farewell to Shinji (cuz I can't wake him up to go to work anymore (^^) ) but hopefully we'll see each other again soon and I am really looking forward to that day.
Market on the way to Sensoji.... see the store on the right
side of the pic? I almost bought a neko (^^) but I
resisted.... :(
Kaminarimon
 Alas..... It's 1300 and we arrived in Ichigao station, where we had to take a train to Shibuya, to transfer to Ginza line to go to Asakusa where our hostel is. Kinda got a bit confused, because the connection was not that clear, but the station dude made it all clear.... totally wakarimashita after ^^.... and realized that we're far! Errrr..... To my suprise, so far I haven't been able to use my Toica (kinda like a rechargable card for train and bus) in the city so far...... Funny, because similar card in Tokyo I used before, Suica, I also used in Nagoya..... oh well.... Like I expected, we arrived at the hostel in time to actually check in... and by the time we're ready to head out, suddenly it had gotten so cold and windy.  Viv and I just went to Kaminarimon for a bit, where I almost bought more neko ^^ It was chilly, so we quickly grabbed something to eat and take it back to the hostel.... oh boy.... we were starving :D .... Agenda for tomorrow? I will show Vivian Sensoji, a temple in Asakusa, then maybe off we go to Akihabara, Harajuku and Shinjuku....  I will put more pictures of  around Asakusa too, especially Tokyo Sky Tree and Asahi HQ building. Nice side trip while in Tokyo is Nikkou, but oh boy..... so far... and this kid takes forever to wake up.... and Nikkou may be better enjoyed when Japan is warmer...... another excuse to come back to Japan AGAIN......! And this time..... maybe spring..... or summer.... or fall..... any season but winter!

This is not something I wanna see when I'm
trying to avoid Canadian cold  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment