Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fun travel pics! (Cuz I'm too tired to think of what to write :D )

Uh..... wutttt?? I assumed they sell frappuccino too? :D
Allright, this post would just be about interesting things or things that I truly want people to try when they travel to some of these countries I went to .... my highly recommended food ! 

Martabak.... Indonesian pancake.  Instead of baking powder or baking soda, they used yeast to raise the batter.... filling could be peanuts, chocolate, cheese, or  all!!  Usually a night time snack (since the vendor only sells this at night) but at my age.... maybe I shouldn't be eating this at night, but oh well.... once a year :D  Highly recommend it and best eaten with tea and shared with a bunch of friends also looking for munchies !  However, you might wanna tell the seller to use less butter and sugar than usual ('jangan kebanyakan gula sama mentega' > write this if you're planning on trying :D)

Free bicycle rental in Nakatsugawa.  It's a motorized tricycle. I think in Saskatoon it will be a great idea (especially the fact that the place is flatter than pancake ) to promote bicycle rental like this, because riding the bike along Meewasin trail was fun thing to do, however, I think this idea was already done and wasn't too successful ... too bad.... such an environmentally friendly idea and fun.... 

My high recommendation actually is for this wakame udon, had it when I was in Japan (d'uh).  Wakame is fresh seaweed.... tasted soooo good and so healthy for you.  The meal was simple but filling, however it doesn't leave you with this feeling of bloatedness..... maybe we all should eat like this in North America and throw away all those frankenGMOcrap and ugly ugly fast food chains we have there.

Awwh ^^ somebody name the burger place after meeeee.... that makes my heart feel good (^^)

The perpetrator food that caused me my first degree burn to the lip..... SOOO good though but I recommend wait for a bit before you chow down :D  I had this in Thailand, it is similar to what we called kue pancong in Indonesia.  Yumm yumm despite the first degree burn.... 

For the curry lover, especially vegetarian, this is the meal to have in Indonesia.... It's called lontong sayur. Lontong is rice cake, served with curry soup of vegetables such as chayotte and snake beans, served with flour crackers like above.  Vegetarian friendly, spicy and soo yummy.... and this is breakfast food in Indonesia..... Highly recommend to try this too if you are planning to stick around in Jakarta (I know a good seller for this :D )

Hmmm?  We saw this in one of this cafe in Magome , Japan and we weren't really sure... are they.... opem? :D

The same cafe when we were trying to look at the menu.... :D
A highly recommended Indonesian gorengan (fried snack).... My favorite is tahu isi or stuffed tofu. First you take a bite of the chilli pictured above then you eat your tofu.... The tofu only stuffed with vegetables therefore... another vegetarian friendly snack!  When I was little, this was mandatory to have after swimming :D 


The store called Village Vanguard  and I went to this store when I was in Nagoya, Japan.... Just the strangest things I found here.........

I believe that's a plate?

An ashtray.....

Okay... I guess this ashtray not too bad :D


Oh my lord that's a lot of stuff there ....... (Village Vanguard)

I dare someone to eat this.... 
Yes, Onigiri (rice ball) vending machine in Thailand's Don Mueang airport 

Bus ad in Singapore.... so I assume this is a common problem? 

Yumm, I wish we had this vending machine in the hospital :D


oooooooookaaaay...... who's uniform is that?!?!  At Nakatsugawa station , Japan

hahaha  :D (Singapore) ... 

Japanese vending machines.. oh.... never shortage of them ..... 

Ummmm.... any vegetarian option? :( 

Shaved ice with sagoo ummm.... I dunno how to explain it in English :D ..... they're just good (^^)

Not sure why, I love taking pics of Japanese restaurants where ever I go..... 

One of the Chinese New year sweets... no no no... not real fish.... 

This one just for Shinji I took.... I was in Singapore and guess where I hung out? :D I got more pics of this if you wanna see :D kidding :P

Hmmm.... maybe I should introduce this in North America? 

Typical warung in the neighborhood.... owner sells cigarettes, small packs of shampoo, etc... usually a hang out place for locals too .... I used to hang out in one too :D 

Picture courtesy of my brother.... Raincoat vending machine at the Universal Studio Singapore. This is for the Jurassic Park themed ride

Another highly recommended for those who wish to travel to Indonesia, not vegetarian friendly , though you can pick vegetables, tempeh and tofu.  Nasi padang... very delicious and spicy!  Padang (Western Sumatera) very famous for their heavily spiced dishes, not only in terms of spices but also hotness of the food.  Recommendation?  Ayam padang and rendang for those who aren't vegetarian 

EWWWWH ..... 

Ummmm.... what kind of special feeling? (0_0) (at Don Quixote, Japan)

Yes we know wasabi is green (-_-) (near Osu, Nagoya, Japan)

My other highly recommended food..... Shisen ramen.... obviously I love my wakame eh? (^^) The soup made of sesame paste, so it was spicy, and some sort of sprouts.... very delicious and I highly recommend this! 

School of wuh?

Bibimbap.... I can eat like this everyday...... (at Incheon airport, South Korea)

Slurpee in Japan's 7 11 !  
Another aftermath of snow in Tokyo :D 

D'uh..... (-_-)

OOOOOkayyyy.... Gundam cafe..... isn't it obvious where it is? :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment