Thursday, January 10, 2013

I should keep up with the blog :(


Guest House Karangsari where we stayed
January 6-7.... Alas it's time to say goodbye.  Early in the morning, at 0500 we were ready.  We took local transport and the driver was willing to drive us straight to the airport with small additional fees. Leaving Munduk was sad.  Wahat a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the people. Shinji and I agreed taht it wasnt't the gorgeous view that made Munduk special, but it was definitely the people.  It think this goes to anywhere in the world and to all circumstances.  It is not the place that made the stay or work enjoyable, but it's the people that made the place beaustiful and enjoyable.  In order to make a better world, i think we have to start with ourselves, treat people with a lot of kindness, genuineness and respect, hopefully it sends ripple effect to everybody surrounding us that the world is nice if we are kind to each other so we can count on each other... has to start somewhere so why not ourselves? I hope someday humanity will realize that the act of selfishness, greed, doubt and materialism will only send us further into society full of distrust and selfish agendas.... I am sure no one wants to live in such world.
Munduk
We arrived in Denpasar early at around 0800.  First priority.... coffee! I always need breakfast in the morning, so as soon as we deal with this main priority, we put our luggages in the locker and head off to buy food.  I always love rice or noodles for breakfast, and being at the airport everything will not be the usual great deliciousness of street food vendors.  However, I think this is one way for Indonesia to say goodbye to me.  When I was looking for toilet, apparently the airport toilet has a water breakdown so I went back to alphamart where we were having coffee and asked the cashier boy if there's toilet in the shop.  He pointed out one at the back of the store, however he said it's toilet for locals.  Don't care..... So I went, fount the toilet... a cat.... and local food vendor (warung)! Airport workers eat at this food vendor which place was hidden from tourists tracks. We had great meal for cheap, and I get to play with cats ^^! My belly was happy and pleased.  This was just a start of a very long wait for our flight at 0340!
And we're really sad to leave this
We decided to go to Legian by taxi.  The driver outrageously inflated the price, so I brought it down even though still too expensive, but as we discussed before, if you are happy and don't mind with the price, I say let it go and considered it fair pricing and good intentions in your part.  The driver was trying to drop us off at the closest point from the airport, but I insisted for him to drive further... and around and around.... then tried to drop us off at kuta beach, but I insisted we go around again.  We finally decided to stop at a middle point between kuta beach and seminyak. Not a very good taxi driver, but all karma will go accordingly and hope the taxi money helps with his family.
Yummie breakfast of rice and chicken
Suprisingly, the area of Kuta beach and Legian were not as annoying as when I was there before.  Vivian found a DC shop and bought a pair of shoes since selections in Indonesia was much more than what he could get in Saskatoon.  Price was the same.  We went around, sitting at few cafes, shopping for souvenirs and ate the most expensive nasi padang ever.... I told the guy that in Jakarta this price for nasi padang is unheard of. The restaurant was right on Legian steet, so of course... tourist price (-_-).
At the end of the day, Shinji and I thought this is a good opportunity to watch sunset at Kuta beach.  I always wanted to watch sunset with him, cuz it's something that so overwhelmingly peaceful yet sad for me.  We head to Kuta Beach, and sat there watching the big waves rolling to the shore.  Not many people surfing today, and it seemed that the guard was trying to keep people off the shore.  Watching the sea is one of those things I love because it also gave me a peaceful feelings.  We had good conversations, I was talking to street vendors .... and it was too cloudy to see the sunset but we had a great time.  We left because it started raining. Shinji went for foot massage and I was chatting with the masseuse while he was giving massage.... great guy!
The warung owner, small but delicious!
We took the taxi back to Ngurah Rai airport.  Such long wait before check in time.... One thing we still didn't get.... for international airport, Ngurah Rai is very dirty! When we get to one of the waiting room, there was vomit on the floor, the smoking room was filthy, and the benches..... full of stains (0_0)! Apparently they are constructing new airport, so hopefully then it will be nicer. I'm just concern of the image we potray to tourist upon the first minute of arrival :D. Finally check in time.... and sleep time!







Chicken, eggs, pecel.... omg... yumminess

The most expensive nasi padang ever!
Yes... This is Ngurah Rai INTERNATIONAL airport (-_-)

No comments:

Post a Comment