Monday, January 21, 2013

Check out time... !



Yummy :( 
January 20... time to check out from the hostel.... trying to find a cozy spot to do my blog.  The other hostel has a very very friendly owner and I like her dearly, but I need clean spot to concentrate on my blogs... at least clean... that's all.... :D I've been to hostels that are basic, no air conditioner etc and very basic bed and no TV, but as long as it's clean I can do... I started the day by looking for my coffee lady and walked JT to his cooking class.  We will part our ways from now.  The lady said that the market will be close due to the full moon festival... darn..... I will have to find another source of coffee tomorrow.  I ate breakfast of fried rice noodles (bihun we call it in Indonesian) and drank my precious coffee, then pack up to get ready.  We found another hostel not far from where we were, more money but very clean, and that's all I need.  Today will be the day I will try to catch up on the blogs, and try to plan the next move.  All day I tried to find out options to go to Koh Tao, a small island off the southwest of Thailand.  One options is to take combination ticket of bus and ferry to Koh Tao.  The transit city will be Chumphon.  This cost around 900 Baht, more or a little less depending on agency.  Another option that took me a while to research on is train.  There is a train bound for Chumphon that cost only 82 Baht for day train, but over 400 Baht for overnight train. The overnight train will get you to Chumphon early morning, then wait for the ferry at 0700.  The daytime train will get you to Chumphon in the evening and night time, then catch overnight ferry at 2300 and arrive in Koh Tao early morning at 0530.  Regardless, I think both options leaves me vulnerable, that is, being in an unfamiliar place late at night and too early in the morning.... not like the ferry port close by, apparently, looking at the map it is quite a ways away and I have to catch taxi or something to get there.... yeah... not gonna do that in the middle of the night.... To go by daytime train and overnight ferry maybe the cheapest option if ferry terminal is close by.  Overnight train is more expensive and will cost as much as buying combine bus and ferry ticket.  So I go with the option of combined ticket... at least for now.... I really would like to explore Thailand more, I think they have a very rich culture and history, and great people! That will be sometime in the future!
Thai Pancake
 Not much happening after, I sat in the quiet room and tried to finish more posts.  I got bored after so I decided to take a walk around and see if I could get some snacks.  The lady on the picture to the right made pancakes with different toppings as you requested.  I didn't have those cause I think I could only have one... My next stop is the fried dough, one kind with the sesame was sweet, the other kind without is not sweet.  Both tasted really yummy!
Somehow I felt really tired and had enough of the hullabaloo here, signs that I should move along and head for another adventure someplace else.  It's really fun here in Khaosan Road, maybe for one or two days, but it's time to seek a  little peace and different adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment