Monday, January 14, 2013

Last day in Nagoya.... :(

January 14.... last day in Nagoya and raining..... by the time I wrote this it had stopped.... but holy bee-gee-szus it's cold.  I am not going outside.... no.... not even for the temptations of shopping in Ozone .... err.... maybe :(  Oh ya.... I should pack my stuff I guess.... At present I'm trying to save movie to be uploaded to youtube, but OMFG it has been a couple of hours and only 58% saved (-_-)......  Plan tonight: go grocery shopping with Shinji, make dinner and spend  few last hours together before I head of to Tokyo.  I am glad I decided to take overnight bus today instead of Shinkansen (bullet train) in the morning.  First of all.... I get to spend more hang out time with Shinji.... he has to work today, so taking overnight bus means we get to hang out for a bit before I board the bus to Tokyo. Second, it's cheap! It will cost me few hundred bucks to catch Shinkansen to Tokyo, and without JR pass.... ouch... It cost less than 100 bucks for Viv and I to get on the bus plus it will save me on accomodation money too.  Third,  it's snowing in Tokyo today! It takes only about 1.5 hrs from Nagoya to Tokyo by Shinkansen, pretty sure right now I am cursing and swearing for the fact the snow f!@#$ng followed me from Canada.  A friend posted picture on FB of Tokyo covered in snow..... err..... glad I'm not there now..... looks like Canada!!! Errr !
What do I think of my travel so far? I think it's great.  I'm hoping this kid of mine learn something too, if not now sometime in his adulthood.  I hope he will appreciate the life he has, and hopefully trying to make other people's life better too, if not now then in his adulthood.... hopefully something good sink in.... after all, he's a teenager now (^^).  I think everybody should travel at least once in their life, going to a country which is totally different from theirs.  People in developed country should travel to third world countries to see how tough life could be and feel fortunate with everything they already have.  I think, as a person living in developed country for more than a decade, we often complicate our own lives because we have more 'needs'.  Just another prove that more money doesn't mean more happy.  I saw couples who are happy just for the fact that they are together, even though they don't have a big house or much money in the bank account, I saw families happy just being around each other, even when our garden sheds in Canada still much nicer than what they called a home.  As much as I really hate living in Saskatoon, so cold, so far from my parents and family, sometimes culturally lonely because I don't know many Indonesians in Saskatoon, and missing Indonesian food everyday, but the bright side of thing is I have an awesome work family in Saskatoon and I can get busy working so I can go to places and see more of this world, learn from everybody, and never stop learning to be a better person.  Each time I travel, especially in Indonesia, I love life even more, and I want that to be contagious!  Please slap my head if I forgotten about this.... (^^)
We went to grocery store and bought ingredients for supper.... Shinji got off work and made supper ..... it was good, and I wish I could eat like this more in Canada...... I feel so special (^^) hehe .....seems like despite the snow and the highway is in bad condition, my bus will still be heading to Tokyo..... :(  last day in Nagoya .... so sad ..... had such great time with you these past 2 weeks Shinji.... arigatou gozaimasu... sugu kanada ni aou ne

1 comment:

  1. Nah, i would like to visit Tuscany, Italy someday :) and by the way, i regretted that i hadn't had a change to be introduced to shinji :( And please forgive my grammar, i try to make you lost in a maze of my words :p

    ReplyDelete