Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Kopi Luwak euy (^^)


I am glad my dad insisted that I should try kopi luwak, but also kinda wish I didn't because it was sooo good ^^ ! The girls said that the company raised their own little luwaks ^^ How cute.  For those who does not know what kopi luwak is, it is coffee roasted from coffee beans digested by the these supposedly cute but a little grumpy cat like animals.
Kopi Luwak and the beans along with the luwak's poo :D
Apparently the luwaks are quite picky of types of beans they eat .... and they won't make a good pet (yes... I inquired about that (-_-)) Kopi luwak is famous mainly because of the price.  Apparently it is the most expensive coffee in the world.  The flavor of the kopi was result of slow chemical process through the luwaks' digestive system.  This particular company I bought the coffee from was from one of the province in sumatera called Lampung.  The girls were quite passionate about their little and cute but not so friendly luwaks.  To my suprise, it is a very smooth tasting coffee and very yummy!
Speaking of coffee... I believe, good coffee should be drank without cream and/or sugar.  Sugar and cream impaired the actual taste of coffee.  sugar and cream only used when coffee is not good enough to be drank black. So drink good coffee without cream and sugar if you want to actually savor the taste :) I drank the kopi luwak until the last drop.  Wish I could have more :(

While we're on the topic of coffee, just to warn starbucks lover, i'm gonna begin my rant about multinational companies charging arm and leg for ordinary coffee.  I took picture of the coffee prices at Dewi Luwak stand, and yes... kopi luwak is the most expensive item there and 40.000 rupiah is ridiculous price for a cup of coffee in Indonesia.  Generally, you could get pretty good coffee for less than $1.  However, even at this price, kopi luwak served here still cheaper than what starbucks charge for their coffee....A cup of exotic coffee is still cheaper than what starbucks charge for their ordinary coffee... darn.... good thing I stop letting starbucks rape my ass sometime ago.  Some smaller coffee shop in Saskatoon do charge a lot of money for their coffee, but at least you're supporting local businesses and not feeding the greediness of multinational companies.  How much money is enough for these money glutton? Neva! I had refused to feed the greed of McDonalds and all the similar fast food multinational companies for over 15 years now, and I did the same with starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment