Monday, January 14, 2013

Not much happening today, so I'll put another video of shopping in Jakarta

Beautiful view from the outlet mall.... this area basically was
surrounded by mountains
January 12.... not much happening at all..... We decided to have an easy day, so we went to Toki premium outlet mall (Toki is the city's name) to see if there's any good bargain. We drove there, so I can't really give direction of how to get there by train.  For info on outlet malls in Japan, you can always google Toki premium outlet mall and a website will come up with outlet malls in different cities and how to get there. Expensive brands were on sale, and many sales today due to the new year.  I was doing so well of only buying some more ninja socks while we were there (^^).  Many brands we don't have in Saskatoon, but there are some such as Birkenstock and Tommy Hillfiger too. I would say though... still not cheap.  Brand names that are expensive to begin with, but many are quite the good quality clothing.  Shopping in Japan definitely not cheap, especially with the yen being stronger than Canadian dollar.  However, I found things in Japan are very finely made too.  Definitely worth the money especially if you know you won't be able to get the item in North America.  I think I am quite good at holding back when it comes to clothing, but some Japanese souvenirs are quite nice, and unavailable in North America.... definitely having a tough time holding back in this case (^^).  A very easy day today.  We took Shinji's father out for udon, which is Japanese thick wheat flour noodles.  We ordered the types of udon (different soup base etc) we would like then put our own side dishes.  Definitely yummi! My fave type of udon here in Japan is kitsune udon, served with aburaage, which is tofu pockets, the type they make inarizushi with.  However, this time I have a new fave, which is wakame udon, served with wakame which is fresh seaweed.... something that doesn't exist in Saskatoon :(
I thought since not much to say about today, I will put a video of when I went to one of the trade center in Jakarta with my dad.... tonnes of people there for sure, even though it wasn't any special day. It will give you an idea of how crowded Jakarta is, and all of us in Saskatoon can be thankful that even in the busiest season of shopping such as christmas, we still don't have this many crowds in the malls!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMhgA-_yzQ&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment