Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last night in Japan.... :( Will there be more next times for me in Japan?



The aftermath of snow in Tokyo
Last night in Japan.... Always hard to leave Japan, because it is very easy to get comfortable here (except for  hell it's expensive here). We head out to Asakusa today, to actually go and see Sensoji.  There were not too many people there, as it is low season for travel in Japan.  However, maybe still many people at any given days in Saskatoon :D ! We hung around there for a bit, went to get few japanese sweets that Vivian ate all and didn't leave me any to try and okonomiyaki on a stick. Forgot to ask if it has bonito flakes on it... didn't taste like fishies at all, but that okonomiyaki is made of egg... and cabbage....  I promised Teru that we will meet him at Akihabara for lunch.  Akihabara is one of the famous district in Japan, especially for 'otaku' culture, which is the word to describe a person who are obsessed about something, may be it manga (comic), anime, games, etc. The reference mostly when people obsessed about these things. The stores at Akihabara's Denkigai (Through electric city exit) consists of... what dya know.... otaku stuff :D.  Japanese anime, DVDs, game arcades, Gundam Cafe, and AKB48 cafe :D (apparently AKB48 is Japanese idol kinda thing.... I dunno...)  ..... While waiting for Teru, we headed to the nearest arcade and had a look at games there.  Not too many people inside the arcades, maybe because school's not out yet :D We had a look around then we met Teru and headed out for lunch at an Indian restaurant. Very good and I forgot to take picture because I was too hungry :D .  We sat around in the restaurant for sometime then we parted our ways.... Wish we could hang out more.... Viv and I continue on hangin out at Akihabara, then we walked to Ueno from there.  In Ueno, we went around Ameyoko, a fun and cheap shopping place in Ueno.  Not only your clothing stuff, but also fresh fish, fresh wakame (seaweed), and produce.  After Ueno we head to Harajuku... I guess it was too cold for anyone to dress up! Harajuku is famous for it's gothic lolita style shopping and the Japanese girls who would go around Harajuku dressed like little lolita girl.... or some anime characters.  I almost bought some clothes there.... but thinking of how full my closet is maybe not :D ..... Viv had some fancy crepes there.... ugh... so expensive.....  500 yen! The things I did for my kid.... (-_-).... We headed back to the hostel, and I did laundry after we got back... Figure it would be nice to have clean clothes in Thailand, one less thing to worry about.  Laundry was expensive, 600 yen in total just to do our laundry :(  Everything is expensive in Japan, but food isn't too bad.  Cheaper than Canada that's for sure.  That evening I hung out with a couple of people that stayed at the hostel too, one from Poland, and the other one is a Japanese who works in a tea company in Asakusa.  Fun people to talk to! Always love to meet other travellers whenever I stay at  hostels!  Packed up my stuff at the end of the night, not looking forward to wake up in the morning and leave Japan.  Leaving Japan will be hard.  It is very easy to get comfortable here.  Everything is so organized, efficient, comfortable, clean and pretty here, and most people seems to respect the rule from deep in their heart.  Even the countrysides of Japan are clean.  Do I love Japan? Obviously, I think I do.  I love the culture, the history, the people, and the food!  As a vegetarian, it had been quite the interesting meal experience in Japan, for sure I get really good at asking some obaachan (little grannies) if the food I picked up contain meat, fish, or seafood (sometimes you do have to be very specific in Japan..... when you say vegetarian the impression is you still eat fish and seafood.... I can't :(  nemo was too cute... fishies are cute :(  )  Of course, there's no perfect place on earth.  Oh yes, there is! The perfect place on earth is the place where you are surrounded by people who loves you and you love them too.... That's the perfect place on earth!  I guess most of us, including me sometimes thinks some place will be better than where you currently live, but I guess it doesn't really matter when you are with people who you love... cuz at the end of the day, it's the people around you that make the difference.... not how beautiful the scenery is or how many shopping place around.  Doesn't really matter I guess if you get to see the Canadian Rockies or Mount Fuji from your window if you are not surrounded by people that meant a lot to you to share that beauty.  That's my conclusion from this travel.  I guess it's time to say oyasumi, even though I'm hoping my flight is cancelled for another month :D I am looking forward to meet my family again in Singapore though...... would be my parents' anniversary and it should be fun to treat them like a royalty for once since I gave them quite the tough time during my growing up :D  Oookay.... oyasumi !
Err, I dont like u snowman




Sensoji













Okonomiyaki on a stick


Akihabara 







Market in Ueno 
Ameyoko










Harajuku
Typical stores in Harajuku

Typical Tokyo subway rush hour (this one is Yamanote line)


Tokyo at night
Tokyo sky tree


No comments:

Post a Comment