Monday, January 21, 2013

Last day in Japan...... Sorry, another late post ..

Strange, but I will miss the subway :D
January 17... I think I'm gonna cry soon :( maybe during take off... We checked out from the hostel at 11, then head straight to Haneda airport.  Our flight was not until mdnight, but I wanna get this done and over with so it's not so painful to say goodbye to Japan... plus I was kinda sick of the hulabaloo of Tokyo and I probably shouldn't shop anymore in Japan :D .  We hung around in Haneda airport and it is my first time there.  The newest addition or renovation to this airport is the Edo market.  The interior design of Edo Market designed so it reflects the Edo period... very pretty indeed.  Not much I did here, tried to quickly do research on places to go to in Thailand and keep up with this blog.  Oh yes, I bought a furoshiki, and the shop girl taught me how to fold it into a bag.  It's a piece of fabric that you fold and knot certain ways o make carrier for bento box or if you want to use it as a purse.
Haneda Edo Market
I hope I'm ready for Thailand.  I did few quick research of side trips from Bangkok, and possibly nice places to dive while we're in Thailand.  I have an idea of few historical places I want to go to, but I do want to take Vivian diving.
LCC or low cost carriers are cheap, but maybe not so good for flights longer than 2 hours, surprisingly I had quite the awesome sleep, occasionally woken up by flight attendance's carts.  The check in time was a bit painful, my luggage was 2 kg over weight so I had to put some stuff in to my carry on, even then they weighted the carry on too... The good that comes out of this was I didn't have to pay for excess luggage :D Air Asia is cheap, but buyers beware of their online booking.  There will be a lot of extra charges, including this trick into picking your seats and getting insurance so it adds up to your ticket fee.  That's how they make money I guess.  So my suggestion is when you book online for Air Asia, concentrate and read everything before clicking next.  Also, the ticket fee is not including your check in luggage.  I suggests you pick the middle weight for your luggage.  I don't think I can do anymore shopping in Thailand .... :D Nevertheless, LCC is great for short flights.

 I always enjoy my time in Japan, even when it's in the winter.  Maybe it's different if I actually live there, nevertheless it was a good time. Finally, the painfully sad boarding time.... bubye Japan, mata ne (^^)
I think this is represent sakura? Pretty anyway


The cheapest ramen restaurant in Haneda

No comments:

Post a Comment