Friday, January 11, 2013

See? I'm keeping up with my posts (^^)

Nagoya TV tower and Art Center 

January 10.... Not much of a plan today, trying to get some blogs done, especially updating about our activity in Munduk.  We headed to Sakae, which is Nagoya's downtown area.  After so much getting lost (I got distracted with the shops at the subway so we went out the wrong exit (-_-) )we made it to the art center of Nagoya, which is next to Nagoya TV tower.  Interesting design of the art center, but that's about it.  We got lost again, but I found Sunshine Sakae, which also has ferrous wheel embedded onto the building.  There I found a lot of jackets and bunny hug I wanted.... except for they're very expensive :(  Very small and thin sizes for men, quite the fashion nowadays in Japan, definitely will never find such size in Saskatoon, especially for men.... they're very nice :( Maybe if I don't find anything cheaper I shall get it.... just for the fact I can't get them in Canada :(
Nagoya TV tower at night
Sakae at Night
Quite chilly today.  Vivian and I went to eat at an udon restaurant, basically Japanese fast food.... still way healthier than any of the fast food restaurant in North America.  In Japan, many restaurants uses ticket system for orders so waitresses don't take your orders anymore.  Very fun to speak Japanese, even though broken but somehow everything turns out okay! The waitress doesn't speak English, and I always love this because this is my chance to practice and practice.... 3 days here and it's getting better! Funny thing happened, even though I said Butaniku, which means pork, she still confused and said pork... then her buddy said I was speaking Japanese .... haha... she bursted out laughing... she was very cute and very nice (^^). All turned out well, she taught me how to get the ticket, and as vegetarian I had to ask if she could give me tofu instead of chicken as side dish etc..... (^^)
We headed to Loft and oh boy... as I was writing this blog I can feel myself drifting to sleep...... so tired. We didn't do much after, it was windy and cold in Nagoya as the day goes on, so we just hide inside the underground malls, of course Vivian annoyed with the fact I wanna go to every single store (^^). We headed outside, wow... Sakae was beautiful at night :( I took picture of the TV tower that looks so gorgeous with all the lights on. The streets also looks beautiful with all the lights too... Too bad I don't have better camera to take the pictures at night. We headed to the subway station, and made our way to Chikusa station where we have to transfer to JR line.
In Japan, travelling around is very easy.  There are the subway which run by  government, and other private lines such as Kintetsu and Meitetsu in Nagoya to go to other destinations outside of Nagoya, and Japan Rail line that has connections all throughout Japan.  Instead of buying tickets each time, I bought IC card, in Nagoya they call it Toica, in Tokyo they call it Suica. With it, you don't even need to take it out of your wallet and it just scans it. Another nice thing about subway in Japan that even the train colour coded same as the line colour.  For example, on the subway map Yamanote line that made a loop around Tokyo stopping at famous destinations such as Akihabara, Shinjuku, Harajuku, and Tokyo station, has a green colour, so train stripe colour is green, so as the platform number.  Easy...... :D It doesn't take long to get used to the subway system here.... even the ticket machine has English instructions.... a random Japanese taught me that :D. English directions and names always where popular destinations are, even on the bus. The bus will announce next stop, so you don't have to figure out which bus stop and pay attention to it, as long as you know your bus stop name. Singapore is another country with such awesome public transport system..... who need a car? :D
I decided to check out Chikusa, but the chill.... omgg.... it was 6 C without the windchill... and Japanese cold was so different from Canadian cold. 6 C to us in Canada is warm, because it's very dry.  I couldn't seem to warm up even though we were walking around ......
 We headed back to Shinji's house and went to eat my fave Shisen Ramen.... I have not much to say about this ramen (noodles) except for JUST TRY IT.....! delicious and full of good stuff. Seaweed, spouts, more seaweed and the soup is made of sesame paste..... great yumminess..... Finally retire for the night, really looking forward to this. Watch a very strange movie about a dude that was transformed into an android for use as weapon, then I fell asleep after watching maybe most of the movie....



No comments:

Post a Comment