Tuesday, August 6, 2013

a VERY VERY late post (>.<)

August 6, 2013.... Ooookay.... so I guess I've been in Japan for... ummm 12 days now? Today it's raining and Vivian is not feeling well, so I have some time to do this blog I guess :D.  The very minute I arrived in Chubu airport on July 24, my first impression was.... OMFG ..... This time of the year in Japan is very hot and humid, however when it rains and cloudy it is quite close to the kinda weather to my liking.  My husband picked me up from the airport, and it took around 1 hr or more by car, or around 45 min to 1 hr by train. From Chubu Airport, Meitetsu line train will take you to Nagoya station for around 1000 yen or a little more for express train (similar to Narita express in Tokyo) or less than 1000 yen for limited express train....  We definitely found out then that taking the train is MUCH MUCH cheaper and easier than driving to and from the airport.  In my case, I don't have to go all the way to Nagoya station.  I got off at Kanayama station to transfer to Chuo line. I was very tired when I arrive there and just wanting to go to sleep.
The next day, of course, I woke up early and the plan to sleep in I guess fell through. Vivian and I went to Oosu, where I did a whole bunch of shopping for geta, traditional Japanese wooden sandals, some kanzashi (Japanese traditional hair stick).  To my surprise I did not see as many kanzashi as I thought I would.  There is one store in Oosu that sells only kanzashi although it is quite pricey at that store.  Promise promise promise more pics of Oosu will follow.... I didn't take pics because I had lots of them from my previous blog posts. Skip one day cuz I had no clue what I did on Saturday, on Sunday we had barbecue with my husband's friends to celebrate our wedding.  We went to a park, quite a nice park that seems to be design for people to have barbecue and picnic there.  In  the park complex there are baseball field, soccer field, a big pond (pond?) in the middle of the park.  It wasn't as hot and humid that day, and it was quite pleasant in the shade.  Everyone seemed to have fun, many kids came too, so Vivian got to play with a boy same age as him (though he definitely looks much younger than Viv), throwing water balloons and shooting water guns at each other.  Because we're in Japan, of course everyone had some beer because there is no restrictions of where alcohol can be consumed, unlike in Canada.  We had some very good musicians amongst the attendee.  We started in the morning, around 10 and we left the park at around 1700...... haha, never have I been to a barbecue party that long but it was great. Definitely thanks to everyone especially Nao, one of my husband's friend to arranged this get together..... I found Japanese hospitality is amazing, how much they put an effort to make sure you are having fun and everything is perfect, how much they're willing to go the extra length.  Since we are on topic of Japanese hospitality, I found customer service in Japan is probably among the best, doesn't matter if it's a department store, restaurant or convenient store.  Store worker usually very very respectful, very very nice, and very very helpful.... quite the opposite of what I experience in Singapore :D ... though customer service in Singapore had become quite the humour to me :D  In Singapore, I guess if you don't understand what your customer is saying the best move is to say something in your own language and leave :D ..... Back to the barbecue..... all I could say I had fun and glad to meet some of my husband's friends who are all wonderful people! (yes yes my partners in crime in Canada.... you are all just as awesome too and I love you all.... ^^) I was trying to upload video of the guys playing music, but somehow it won't upload :(


My sad attempt to stake the tent :D

Made by my husband's friend, Shinji, which actually is his business too 

Taking picture of Nao taking picture of us :D



Nom nom nom nom nom 

So lovely (^^)
















No comments:

Post a Comment