Thursday, February 7, 2013

Back to Saskatoon...

My sunrise in Jakarta on departure day :( 
February 1.... back in Saskatoon.  Nice cold and plenty of annoying snow welcome home to Saskatoon on the first touch down.... Not only, as usual Air Canada was late boarding (about 35 minutes after scheduled boarding time) and arriving late 40 minutes after the scheduled time.  To add to that, the ramp was not working so we had to walk from the plane in -24 C weather.... so very not impressed... (-_-).  Made me think I should've really gone and disappear in Vancouver :D.  Totally jet lagged, because I didn't sleep at all until the next night.  In the morning, I met the couch surfer that sat my house and took care of my animals. Very nice girl ^^.  I was glad my pineapple cookies, precious salam leaf and gado-gado paste made it pass the customs.  I am glad to sleep in my own lair again, but definitely not happy for the fact I have to come back here.  Basically, the only things I told myself just to make me feel better about this s#%thole are 1. Vivian (my son) is here and 2. I love my job and this is a good place to work like a dog then go off on a nice trip somewhere... not much to do here, might as well work :D.  Thinking about those definitely works to keep my sanity, but some days I just couldn't help cursing and expressing my hatred as I shovel the ever getting high piles of snow.  The pile close to my house is as tall as me now, so I was having a lot of fun trying to push everything forward away from the house (sarcasm).  Lifting the snow over the mounting pile was fun too.... Surely I could think of better things to do.
Jakarta's International airport, Sukarno Hatta, designed with idea of
Javanese traditional building
I really miss the comfort of warm weather.  Sometimes, I don't  understand why one would want to live in such miserably cold weather, unless if there's something that tied them to the place.  In my case, only the kid tied me to the place.  Otherwise, in a heartbeat I'd pack up my stuff and get out of this s#%thole.  I could think of places in Canada where I would be spending the same amount of money for living expenses, minus the crappy weather.  Yes, I can go on and on about how much I hate the cold and snow here, which seems to be the majority of the times in Saskatoon. Hehe, even blizzard still a possibility in mid spring :D.
This airport used to be beautiful, and could still be beautiful if government
work harder in maintaining it.  There are rumors that a new airport will be
built, but I really love the design of this airport... very Indonesian.  I just
wish they maintain it better.  
One thing I miss about warm countries.... eating breakfast outside every single day!  Soon, spring and summer will unfold in Canada.  Saskatoon has the most beautiful summer, perfect weather, not too hot, not too cold, although, sitting outside at night could still be a little chilly for me, but it's okay, I love my bunny hugs.  Yes, living in Saskatoon really gave me an appreciation of my roots, to realized that fruit never falls far from the tree.  Where ever you go to, eventually the place you were born will always be home.  In some case, does not matter where you are as long as you have loving people surrounding you.  Yes, we all have our phases, like I had mine when I was young, but as I grew older, I went back to my roots again and embraced the beautiful Indonesia.  One thing I picked up from travelling and living in different countries (I used to live in Australia for 2 years too prior to going to Canada), I looked at what I like about particular culture and made that part of my life.  That's why I love travelling, because it allows you to learn from another culture to better improve yourself as a person, because there's always a better way to live this life!  
I'm looking forward to another travel, had booked flight to Japan again!  We'll see what kind of adventure we'll have then!  
Lunch with Viv at Hongkong airport,  this noodle dish was cheap, but somehow
whatever Viv ordered all came to $35... not even that good :(  


No comments:

Post a Comment